Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Unexpected reactions experienced when moving from military to civilian life and culture. Promoting educational solutions by fearless recognition, understanding , resolution and acceptance of those reactions.
We expose the damage of cruel stigmatizing names like PTSD and other damage caused to Veterans by the mental health profession and how some have learned to avoid that damage.
“We rely on the most valuable resource for this education, the voices of veterans and military families who have experienced and successfully accomplished this transition”.
The Orban Foundation for Veterans invites you to join us!
Bob Bach is a combat veteran who served in Vietnam with the U.S. Marine Corps and Mike Orban is a combat veteran who served in Vietnam with the U.S. Army. Bob and Mike share many years of experience in getting back to civilian life after war.
They know the many challenges, some severe and punishing, that go with this
experience”, they are qualified to be our guides on Stigma Free Vet Zone. Tune in, listen in!!
Stigma Free Vet Zone
Podcast Program Format
Mission: Visit every corner where the veteran or family members will hear our voices! deliver the experienced voices of veterans and familiy members in resolving the unexpected experiences of military life. From confrontations with suicide thinking, rage, isolation, loss of a sense of self identity and many other reactions we promote education , understanding, resolution and acceptance. We believe the mental health profession is responsible for creating and maintaining very damaging therapies and we want to be with the wave of demand for change
- Podcast format: Our Interviews with Veterans and Military Family members will specifically avoid wherever possible all stigmatizing and damaging terms such as PTSD, PTS that might in any way demean the honor and integrity of Veterans, veteran family members or any other guests.
- Format will be casual discussion:
- Veteran or guest will lead us though the following;
- Their Life before entering the military;
- Their Expectations on entering the military;
- Actual Military Experience(s);
- Expectations on leaving the military and returning to civilian life;
- Actual experience(s) returning to civilian life and culture.
- Discuss their awareness of any stigmas, the effects of those stigmas positive or negative on their readjustment to civilian life:
- Veteran or guest will discuss what, if given the opportunity;
- What the would do differently in their transition from Military to Civilian life and culture.
- Veteran or guest opinion on the truth, perception, value, danger, harm given to and suffered by stigmas.
- Periodic monologues by the hosts on topics concerning the mission statement of the podcast.
- Interviews may be followed by a Mad Minute described here as a one-minute opinion by the host on a controversial issue or topic affecting Veterans or their families.