“We rely on the most valuable resource for this education, the voices of veterans and military families who have experienced and successfully accomplished this transition”.
Bob Bach is a combat veteran who served in Vietnam with the U.S. Marine Corps and Mike Orban is a combat veteran who served in Vietnam with the U.S. Army. Bob and Mike share many years of experience in get’en back to civilian life after war.
They know the many challenges, some severe and punishing, that go with this
experience”, they are qualified to be our guides on Stigma Free Vet Zone. Tune in, listen in!!
Stigma Free Vet Zone Podcast Program Format
Mission: To promote educational, honorable, healthy, hopeful, positive and stigma free resources, language and attitudes for military veterans and their families to consider for healthy, meaningful, happy and successful transition from military life and culture to civilian life and culture.
Podcast format: Our Interviews with Military Veterans and Military Families will specifically avoid wherever possible all stigmatizing terms such as PTSD, PTS or any variations of these or other terms that might in any way demean the honor and integrity of Veterans, veteran family members or any other guests.
1) Format will be casual discussion.
Veteran or guest will lead us though the following
– Their Life before entering the military.
– Their Expectations on entering the military.
– Actual Military Experience(s).
– Expectations on leaving the military and returning to civilian life.
– Actual experience(s) returning to civilian life and culture.
– Discuss their awareness of any stigmas, the effects of those stigmas positive or negative on their readjustment to civilian life.
2) Veteran or guest will discuss what, if given the opportunity, what they
would do differently in their transition from Military to Civilian life and culture.
3) Veteran or guest opinion on the truth, perception, value, danger, harm given to and suffered by stigmas
4) Periodic monologues by the Host on topics concerning the mission statement of the podcast.
5) Interviews may be followed by a Mad Minute described here as a one minute opinion by the Host on a controversial issue or topic affecting Veterans or Veteran Families.
Focus: Military Veterans and Their Families
Look for podcasts to be published beginning 6/12/20.